Our History histgram
chandler1
histcon0
histfin3
 
The founding pastor was Dr. John R. Chandler.
Rev. Chandler founded two churches,
Trinity in San Diego in 1951, and Trinity Presbyterian in San Jose in 1957. Construction was completed in 1959 and members were soon filling the sanctuary for Sunday worship. At the time of Rev. Chandler’s departure TPC had over 650 members.
histfin2
jcl1960
Two senior pastors served our congregation from 1963 to September 1978. They averaged over six years of tenure. In September 1978 TPC called the Rev. Jack Longley as Senior Pastor and he served until April 2009, some 30 1⁄2 years.
don
* Rev Donald Hammond served as an Associate Pastor in the 2005 to 2008 time frame. Rev Hammond was called to serve as TPC’s Senior Pastor in March of 2011 and retired in September 2013.
vincent

Key individuals who served with Rev. Longley and continued to serve TPC after his departure are:

* Vincent Arishvara joined TPC in 2002 as a part time Youth worker and has now completed his Seminary studies and has been ordained and has served as our Temporary Pastor before being called to be our Senior Pastor on January 11, 2015. He was installed on March 1, 2015. 

 

histfin4
waon2
IMG_5556