History

The founding pastor was Dr. John R. Chandler.

Rev. Chandler founded two churches:

  • 1951: Trinity San Diego

  • 1957: Trinity San Jose

Trinity San Jose's construction was completed in 1959 and members were soon filling the sanctuary for Sunday worship. At the time of Rev. Chandler’s departure, Trinity had over 650 members.

Two senior pastors served our congregation from 1963 to September 1978. They averaged six years of tenure.

In September 1978, Trinity called Rev. Jack Longley as Senior Pastor, and he served until April 2009 (30 ½ total years).

Rev. Donald Hammond served as an Associate Pastor from approximately 2005 to 2008.

Rev. Hammond was called to serve as Trinity's Senior Pastor in March 2011, and he retired in September 2013.

Rev. Vincent Arishvara joined Trinity in 2002 as a part-time youth worker. He completed his seminary studies and was ordained in the PCUSA.

Vincent served as Temporary Pastor before being called to be our Senior Pastor on January 11, 2015. He was installed on March 1, 2015.